Our recent Vox column triggered an interesting and lively debate (see for instance Krugman, 2013; Fatas, 2013; Watt, 2013).
How to make Europe's incipient recovery durable – A rejoinder
Marco Buti, Pier Carlo Padoan, 8 October 2013
How to make Europe's incipient recovery durable: End policy uncertainty
Marco Buti, Pier Carlo Padoan, 12 September 2013
When leaders met for the G20 Summit in Saint Petersburg last weekend, they welcomed the incipient recovery in the Eurozone. However, they also recognised that "despite our actions the [global] recovery is too weak" and fraught with risks.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013