The 2007 financial crisis and the following economic slump led central banks in advanced economies to undertake unconventional monetary policies.1 The crisis evolution, especially in debt-ridden European nations, and the limits of the unconventional approaches adopted, triggered proposals for new heterodox responses.
Unconventional monetary policies revisited (Part I)
Biagio Bossone, 4 October 2013
Monetary policy in the UK: Time for change?
David Cobham, 16 September 2013
Before the Global Crisis it seemed as though the problems of monetary policy in the UK had been solved:
Unwinding quantitative easing
Stephen Grenville, 22 June 2013
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke’s prepared statement on 22 May was the epitome of even-handed non-committal drafting (Federal Reserve 2013b) but the mention of "stepping down" and "in the next few meetings" in the discussion sent a shiver through financial markets worldwide.
Stephen Grenville, 24 February 2013
In the current debate about monetary policy, two terms are bandied about to the detriment of clarity: ‘printing money’ and ‘helicopter money’ (Sinn 2011).
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013
Reichlin, Giugliano, 7 November 2013
Holmes, McGrattan, Prescott
Beck, De Haas, Ongena
CEPR Policy Research
- The buyer margins of firms' exportsCarballo, Ottaviano, Volpe
- Commodity and Equity Markets: Some Stylized Facts from a Copula ApproachDelatte, Lopez
- Ethnic Unemployment Rates and Frictional MarketsGobillon, Rupert, Wasmer
- Finance and Poverty: Evidence from IndiaAyyagari, Beck, Hoseini
- The Manipulation of Basel Risk-WeightsMariathasan, Merrouche
- What’s wrong with Europe?Baldini, Manasse
- How the EZ crisis is permanently changing EU institutionsMicossi
- WTO 2.0: Global governance of supply-chain tradeBaldwin
- Is US economic growth over? Faltering innovation confronts the six headwindsGordon
- The economic crisis: How to stimulate economies without increasing public debtWood