Europe's nations and regions
The speed at which events in Ukraine are unfolding is astounding. This column argues that the real goal of Russian President Putin is to make the February 2014 changes look like a failure. Root causes of the Ukrainian protest also exist in Russia and a victory of reform forces in Kiev could encourage stronger protest movement in Russia than that of 2011-2013 and potentially lead to a similar outcome.
Other Recent Articles:
- Ukraine: Emergency economic measures
- The economic integration of forced migrants
- Immigration from Romania and Bulgaria: The fiscal impact
- The long term economic impacts of reducing migration
- A minimalist approach to fiscal oversight
- What drives protests in Ukraine?
- Wage moderation in Spain
- The sustainability factor in Spanish pensions
- Productivity in Italy: The great unlearning
- Macro imbalances and culture
- Iceland’s capital controls
- Debt implications of Scottish independence
- Massacre memories: German car sales and the EZ Crisis in Greece
- Real estate-driven exports
- Export-market exit during the crisis: Evidence from the UK
- Credit rating agencies and the Eurozone Crisis: What is the value of sovereign ratings?
- A new age of uncertainty? Measuring its effect on the UK economy
- Accounting for the ethnic unemployment gap in France and the US
- Short-time work: Does it save jobs?
- How to limit the ECB’s OMT?
- Internationalisation, innovation, and productivity of firmsAltomonte, Aquilante, Békés, Ottaviano
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- The ECB should do QE via forex interventionFrankel
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Mulgan, 11 April 2014
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides