Banking reform: Do we know what has to be done?
There have been a lot of proposals for new legislation and some have already been implemented. However, many questions remain. Has enough been done to reduce the chance of another financial crisis? How fast should new rules be implemented? What should happen during the transition period? Are governments overreaching and is the new regulation going to stifle growth in the financial sector? This debate is about these questions.
Holmes, McGrattan, Prescott
Beck, De Haas, Ongena
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013