Professor of International Economics, Graduate Institute, Geneva; Director of CEPR; VoxEU.org Editor-in-Chief
What’s the use of economics?
Economics is under fire both from outside and inside the profession for irrelevance, arrogance, and more. This new Vox debate focuses on two questions: What’s the use of economics? How should we be teaching it to the next generation?
- What good are children?Deaton, Stone
- Money makes people right-wing and inegalitarianOswald, Powdthavee
- Job polarisation and the decline of middle-class workers’ wagesBoehm
- Searching for sources of inequalityFurceri, Loungani
- Measuring economic progressCoyle
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji