Why do we need a financial sector?
Financial sector activity has accelerated along with its pay scales. This debate seeks to identify which activities are socially useful. It also considers regulations that could curb excesses in the sector whilst not hindering those activities for which it enhances capacity.
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
Allen, Eichengreen, Evans
Greenwood, Guner, Kocharakov, Santos
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji