Austerity: Too Much of a Good Thing?
Giancarlo Corsetti, 23 June 2012
edited by Giancarlo Corsetti
Published 14 June 2012
Download the PDF of the eBook here.
See Table of Contents here.
The austerity question: 'How?' is as important as 'how much?'
Alberto Alesina and Francesco Giavazzi
A time to spend: New insights into the multiplier effect
The coming revolt against austerity
The austerity debate: Make haste slowly
Fiscal austerity and policy credibility
Marco Buti and Lucio R Pench
Fiscal consolidation: Too much of a good thing?
John Van Reenen
Too early to sound the alarm
Manfred J M Neumann
The impossible hope of an end to austerity
Weekend elections: Democracy and the fiscal compact
Is high public debt harmful for economic growth? New evidence
Ugo Panizza and Andrea F Presbitero
Has austerity gone too far?
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman
Cadot, de Melo, 16 June 2014