The UK in a Global World
David Greenaway, 14 June 2012
The UK in a Global World: How can the UK focus on steps in global value chains that really add value?
edited by David Greenaway
Published 14 June 2012
Download the PDF of the eBook here.
See Table of Contents here.
The Rt. Hon. Dr Vince Cable MP
Introduction and Overview
Creating Competitive Advantage: Policy Lessons from History
Choosing Races and Placing Bets: UK National Innovation Policy and the Globalisation of Innovation Systems
Value Creation and Trade in 21st Century Manufacturing: What Policies for UK Manufacturing?
Richard E. Baldwin and Simon J. Evenett
Comparative Advantage and Service Trade
- Fiscal consolidation: At what speed?Blanchard, Leigh
- Public debt and economic growth, one more timePanizza, Presbitero
- Escaping liquidity traps: Lessons from the UK’s 1930s escapeCrafts
- The lessons of the North Atlantic crisis for economic theory and policyStiglitz
- Rethinking macroeconomic policyBlanchard
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Reichlin, Baldwin, 14 April 2013