This CEPR Press book shares the results of a series of policy-oriented think pieces on energy policy. The chapters deal with various facets of the energy policy challenges Europe as a region and European countries are likely to face in the foreseeable future.
The Eurozone’s very high public debts entail either a long drawn out reduction process, likely to last decades, or a one-off debt restructuring. This Geneva Special Report presents a plan that would allow deep debt restructuring without cross-country transfers and that deals with moral hazard.
This in-depth study by CEPR, commissioned by the European Commission's Directorate General for Trade, assesses the potential effects of the EU-US Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
This report draws on output from the CEPR's PEGGED project to develop a policy-relevant analytical account of the current financial crisis in historical context.
The Single European Market is now twenty years old and has evolved to become the most economically integrated trading bloc in the world. This eBook draws together available evidence from HM Government and independent experts about the impact of the Single Market to date.
Other Recent ePubs:
- The UK in a Global World
- Débâcle: The 11th GTA report
- Rethinking Global Governance in Light of the Crisis: New Perspectives on Economic Policy Foundations
- The Crisis Aftermath: New Regulatory Paradigms
- Trade, Competition, and the Pricing of Commodities
- Trade Tensions Mount: The 10th GTA Report
- Unfinished Business? The WTO's Doha Agenda
- Reforming the International Monetary System
- Public Debts: Nuts, Bolts and Worries
- Resolve Falters As Global Prospects Worsen: The 9th GTA Report
- Seeking asylum: Trends and policies in the OECD
- Where to Spend the Next Million? Applying Impact Evaluation to Trade Assistance
- Cross-Border Banking in Europe: Implications for Financial Stability and Macroeconomic Policies
- Trade adjustment costs in developing countries
- Bailing out the Banks: Reconciling Stability and Competition
- The fateful allure of protectionism: Taking stock for the G8
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
DellaVigna, Durante, Knight, La Ferrara
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
Allen, Eichengreen, Evans
Greenwood, Guner, Kocharakov, Santos
CEPR Policy Research
- The buyer margins of firms' exportsCarballo, Ottaviano, Volpe
- Commodity and Equity Markets: Some Stylized Facts from a Copula ApproachDelatte, Lopez
- Ethnic Unemployment Rates and Frictional MarketsGobillon, Rupert, Wasmer
- Finance and Poverty: Evidence from IndiaAyyagari, Beck, Hoseini
- The Manipulation of Basel Risk-WeightsMariathasan, Merrouche
- Making city lights shine brighterYusuf, Leipziger
- The euro in the 'currency war'Bénassy-Quéré, Martin
- The roots of shadow bankingPerotti
- What’s wrong with Europe?Baldini, Manasse
- How the EZ crisis is permanently changing EU institutionsMicossi
- 21st Century Challenges: The Mobile Middle Class13 - 13 March 2014 / Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, SW7 London / Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- The 13th Annual GEP Postgraduate Conference 20141 - 2 May 2014 / Nottingham / Sponsored by Nottingham Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy (GEP) University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Exchange Rates and External Adjustment2 - 3 June 2014 / Zurich / Swiss National Bank
- 13th Summer School in International Development Economics: Investment, Saving and Wellbeing in Developing Countries10 - 13 June 2014 / Palazzo Feltrinelli, Gargnano, Lake Garda (Italy) / Organisers: Centro Studi Luca d’Agliano, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), Paolo Baffi Center on International Markets, Money and Regulation, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods of the University of Milan, Department of Economics, Quantitative Methods and Business Strategies of the University of Milan Bicocca, Vilfredo Pareto Doctoral Program in Economics of the University of Turin, The Lombardy Advanced School of Economic Research (LASER).
- 3rd WB-BE Research Conference: Financing growth: Levers, Boosters and Brakes23 - 24 June 2014 / Banco de España headquarters in Madrid / This conference is sponsored by Banco de España and The World Bank