ECB-IMF Conference on Reforming EU Fiscal Governance
13 - 14 December 2012, European Central Bank in Frankfurt, Germany
The Fiscal Policies Division of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the IMF will organize a joint conference on fiscal governance, to be held at the ECB premises in Frankfurt, Germany, on December 13-14, 2012. The general topic of this conference is "Reforming EU Fiscal Governance."
• The new EU fiscal framework: implications of the Fiscal Compact
• Does fiscal governance matter for private sector behaviour?
• Can a monetary union exist without a fiscal union?
• Fiscal rules, fiscal consolidations and economic growth: what are the links?
• Complexity vs. simplicity in fiscal rules: evolving views of the flexibility-credibility trade-off.
• Fiscal rules at the central and sub-national government level: how to overcome coordination issues?
• Good fiscal governance: what lessons can be drawn from non-EU countries?
- Schaechter, Andrea; Berger, Helge; Woo, Jaejoon; Debrun, Xavier; Forni, Lorenzo; Cimadomo, Jacopo; Kamps, Christophe; Nickel, Christiane
- European Central Bank in Frankfurt, Germany
- Closed attendance
- European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund
- More information:
- http://www.imf.org/external/np/seminars/eng/2012/fiscgov/index.htm; http://www.ecb.int/events/conferences/html/20121312_Ref_EU_Fisc_Gov.en.html
Disclaimer: Vox is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli
- Taxing, spending, and inequalityClements, Coady, de Mooij, Gupta
- How poorer nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti