The Impact of Current Financial Sector Reforms on Bank Lending, Efficiency and Financial Stability
17 - 17 January 2013, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, London NW1 4RG
The conference will bring together senior academics and representatives of central banks, regulatory and supervisory agencies, financial institutions and trade associations from Europe and around the world. The purpose of the conference will be to present and discuss key current issues in financial sector reform and to consider future choices. The themes identified include bank capital requirements, bank liquidity requirements and resolution authority.
- Speakers include: Viral Acharya (NYU Stern and CEPR), Thorsten Beck (European Banking Center, Tilburg University and CEPR), Ana Patricia Botin (CEO Santander UK), Charles Calomiris (Columbia University), Charles Goodhart (London School of Economics), Patricia Jackson (Ernest & Young and CEPR), Rachel Lomax (HSBC and CEPR), David Miles (Bank of England) (tbc), Gianni de Nicolo (IMF), Richard Portes (CEPR and London Business School), Javier Suarez (Centre for Monetary and Financial Studies, Madrid and CEPR), Paul Tucker (Bank of England) (tbc).
- Discussion Meeting
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, London NW1 4RG
- Open attendance
- More information:
Disclaimer: Vox is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
Giavazzi, Portes, Weder di Mauro, Wyplosz
Reichlin, Turner, Woodford
- The case for 4% inflationBall
- Helicopter money as a policy optionReichlin, Turner, Woodford
- The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrongAcharya, Steffen
- Everything the IMF wanted to know about financial regulation and wasn’t afraid to askBair