Professor Alistair McGuire [BA (Econ); MLitt (Econ); PhD (Econ)] is a Professor in Health Economics at LSE Health and Social Care. Professor McGuire has written numerous books, articles that have appeared in the Journal of Health Economics, Health Economics, the Oxford Review of Economic Policy and Economic Journal among other. He has also acted as an advisor to numerous UK government offices and research councils (including the ESRC and the MRC), as well as an economic consultant to a number of foreign governments, and domestic and foreign corporations. His current interests are in pharmaceutical economics, the economics of the hospital, technological diffusion, and health care insurance.
Articles by Alistair McGuire:
Determinants of generic medicine adoption
10 May 2014, 8195 reads
Health insurance, innovation, and technology adoption
19 January 2013, 9232 reads
Does price regulation affect the adoption of new pharmaceuticals?
8 July 2011, 12419 reads
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman