Université Libre de Bruxelles, Now-Casting Economics and CEPR
Domenico Giannone holds a PhD from the Universite' Libre de Bruxells (ULB). He is Professor of Economics at the ULB where he teaches Econometrics. His general fields of research are forecasting, monetary policy, business cycles and growth. He has worked as Economist at the Monetary Policy Research Division of the European Central Bank and been Scientific Coordinator of the Euro Area Business Cycle Network. He has designed econometric models that are routinely used to inform policy decisions in many institutions including the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the European Central Bank, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, the Norges Bank. He is associate editor for the Journal of applied Econometrics and the International Journal of Forecasting and panel member for Economic Policy. He is co-founder of www.Now-Casting.com, a web-based forecasting company.
Articles by Domenico Giannone:
The decoupling of the US and European economies: Evidence from nowcasting
29 March 2013, 14822 reads
Have the US and European economies parted company?
2 May 2012, 12161 reads
Is the UK still in recession?
23 November 2009, 12614 reads
The euro hasn’t changed European business cycles
15 January 2009, 30850 reads
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli
- Taxing, spending, and inequalityClements, Coady, de Mooij, Gupta
- How poorer nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji