Université Libre de Bruxelles, Now-Casting Economics and CEPR
Domenico Giannone holds a PhD from the Universite' Libre de Bruxells (ULB). He is Professor of Economics at the ULB where he teaches Econometrics. His general fields of research are forecasting, monetary policy, business cycles and growth. He has worked as Economist at the Monetary Policy Research Division of the European Central Bank and been Scientific Coordinator of the Euro Area Business Cycle Network. He has designed econometric models that are routinely used to inform policy decisions in many institutions including the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the European Central Bank, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, the Norges Bank. He is associate editor for the Journal of applied Econometrics and the International Journal of Forecasting and panel member for Economic Policy. He is co-founder of www.Now-Casting.com, a web-based forecasting company.
Articles by Domenico Giannone:
The decoupling of the US and European economies: Evidence from nowcasting
29 March 2013, 12277 reads
Have the US and European economies parted company?
2 May 2012, 10527 reads
Is the UK still in recession?
23 November 2009, 10711 reads
The euro hasn’t changed European business cycles
15 January 2009, 29120 reads
Reichlin, Turner, Woodford
- Fiscal consolidation: At what speed?Blanchard, Leigh
- Public debt and economic growth, one more timePanizza, Presbitero
- Escaping liquidity traps: Lessons from the UK’s 1930s escapeCrafts
- The lessons of the North Atlantic crisis for economic theory and policyStiglitz
- Helicopter money as a policy optionReichlin, Turner, Woodford