"La Caixa" Group and IESE Business School
Jordi Gual is the Chief Economist and Head of Research of Group "la Caixa". He is also Professor of Economics at IESE Business School (Barcelona) and Research Fellow of the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR, London).
He is currently a member of the International Advisory Council of Group “la Caixa”, the Oxera Economics Council and the Group of Experts in Banking Issues of the European Comission.
PhD in economics from the University of California at Berkeley, he has been Visiting Professor at this university, the Université Libre de Bruxelles and the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
He has written and published in banking, regulation, competition policy and European Integration. His most recent work includes: “Industry Characteristics and Anti-Competitive Behavior: Evidence from the European Comission’s Decisions” with Núria Mas, in Review of Industrial Organization. And Building a Dynamic Europe: The Key Policy Debates (Editor and contributor) Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. (January 2004).
Articles by Jordi Gual:
The Eurozone debt crisis: Why the IMF’s proposal is flawed
13 September 2011, 15080 reads
Giavazzi, Portes, Weder di Mauro, Wyplosz
- The case for 4% inflationBall
- The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrongAcharya, Steffen
- Everything the IMF wanted to know about financial regulation and wasn’t afraid to askBair
- Rethinking macroeconomic policy: Getting granularBlanchard, Dell'Ariccia, Mauro
- Iceland’s post-Crisis economy: A myth or a miracle?Danielsson
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman