Melanie Baker is a UK economist at Morgan Stanley. Previously working with David Miles, she has been on the UK economics team since 2003. Before this, she worked on the currency economics team. She joined Morgan Stanley in 1999. She graduated in 1998 from the University of Edinburgh with an MA in Economics and Politics and has an MSc from University College London in Economics. She is also a CFA charterholder and a member of TheCityUK’s Independent Economists Group.
Articles by Melanie Baker:
Help-to-Buy as a macroprudential policy
14 October 2013, 8298 reads
Monetary targetry: Might Carney make a difference?
22 January 2013, 17450 reads
DellaVigna, Durante, Knight, La Ferrara
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
Allen, Eichengreen, Evans
Greenwood, Guner, Kocharakov, Santos
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji