Prakash Loungani is a senior resource manager and advisor in the IMF's Research Department. He is also an adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University's Owen School of Management and Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies. He has 25 years of job experience at the IMF, the Federal Reserve System and the University of Florida. His research interests include: causes of unemployment; global housing markets; impacts of energy price shocks; and assessment of forecasting performance.
Articles by Prakash Loungani:
Why is this global recovery different?
18 April 2013, 18752 reads
Jobs and growth are still linked (that is, Okun’s Law still holds)
26 January 2013, 12972 reads
Divergence of fortunes in recoveries
24 April 2012, 8270 reads
Giavazzi, Portes, Weder di Mauro, Wyplosz
Reichlin, Turner, Woodford
- The case for 4% inflationBall
- Helicopter money as a policy optionReichlin, Turner, Woodford
- The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrongAcharya, Steffen
- Everything the IMF wanted to know about financial regulation and wasn’t afraid to askBair
- Rethinking macroeconomic policy: Getting granularBlanchard, Dell'Ariccia, Mauro