Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (ETLA)
Vesa Vihriälä is since March 2012 Managing Director of the Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, ETLA. He received his Doctor of Social Sciences (Econ.) degree from the University of Helsinki. Vihriälä has also studied at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Before joining ETLA, Vihriälä worked as Adviser to Olli Rehn, EU Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, as State Under-Secretary at the Finnish Prime Minister’s Office, as Managing Director of Pellervo Economic Research Institute, in various positions at the Bank of Finland and as Economist at the OECD’s Economics Department. Vihriälä has worked on a wide variety of policy issues related to financial crises, globalization and ageing.
Articles by Vesa Vihriälä:
Orderly debt reduction rather than permanent mutualisation is the way to go
2 April 2014, 7579 reads
Nordic innovation: Is ‘cuddly capitalism’ really less innovative?
19 December 2012, 17792 reads
The Nordics in the global crisis
10 February 2010, 16361 reads
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
- Internationalisation, innovation, and productivity of firmsAltomonte, Aquilante, Békés, Ottaviano
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- The ECB should do QE via forex interventionFrankel
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli