Students of comparative development have turned their focus to factors rooted deeper and deeper in history.
Long-term barriers to growth
Enrico Spolaore, Romain Wacziarg, 3 October 2013
Offshoring and its effects on innovation in emerging economies
Ursula Fritsch, Holger Görg, 23 September 2013
Most empirical studies of the impact of outsourcing on firms look at industrialised countries. However, outsourcing is also common in emerging economies, and firms in middle-income countries split up their production processes similarly to firms in developed countries (see figures in Miroudot et al. (2009) on trade in intermediates).
International business travel and innovation: Face-to-face is crucial
Nune Hovhannisyan, Wolfgang Keller, 20 April 2010
The high costs of international travel pose important questions about the value of short-term cross-border labour movements, specifically business travel. In the world of the Internet, e-mail, and video conferencing, why is business travel still so prevalent?
Climate change and developing country growth
Michael Spence, 11 September 2009
The climate change debate is extraordinarily complex because the issue is. Most agree that there remains considerable uncertainty about long-term temperature shifts.
The limits to offshoring
Wolfgang Keller, Stephen Yeaple, 17 March 2009
Offshoring is the movement of jobs to other countries. While this may raise overall welfare, it means lower employment opportunities and possibly lower wages domestically. Offshoring is the major cause for the decline in self-reported work life quality in many countries.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013
Reichlin, Giugliano, 7 November 2013
Holmes, McGrattan, Prescott
Beck, De Haas, Ongena
CEPR Policy Research
- The buyer margins of firms' exportsCarballo, Ottaviano, Volpe
- Commodity and Equity Markets: Some Stylized Facts from a Copula ApproachDelatte, Lopez
- Ethnic Unemployment Rates and Frictional MarketsGobillon, Rupert, Wasmer
- Finance and Poverty: Evidence from IndiaAyyagari, Beck, Hoseini
- The Manipulation of Basel Risk-WeightsMariathasan, Merrouche