How local are labour markets? A number of important questions in labour economics hinge on the answer.
How local are labour markets? A look at the London Olympics
Alan Manning, Barbara Petrongolo, 3 August 2012
Why bid for the Olympic Games?
Andrew K Rose, 16 April 2009
Economists are usually sceptical of arguments about the public provision of infrastructure for sporting events, and rightly so (Siegfried and Zimbalist 2000). Agents that endorse the construction of new sports stadia or the staging of mega-events usually do so out of naivety or self-interest.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
DellaVigna, Durante, Knight, La Ferrara
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
Allen, Eichengreen, Evans
Greenwood, Guner, Kocharakov, Santos