On November 21 2013, Ukraine suspended preparations for signing the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA) with the European Union (EU) at the Third EU-Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius on November 28-29. In 2010, the Russian Federation, Belarus and Kazakhstan formed the Eurasian Customs Union (ECU) and have invited Ukraine to become a member.
Ukraine’s trade policy: Addressing supply-chain frictions
Bernard Hoekman, Jesper Jensen, David Tarr, 29 November 2013
Can FTAs support ‘Factory Asia’?
Jayant Menon, 14 May 2013
Free trade agreements (FTAs) have been proliferating in Asia for more than a decade. Production networks and the product-fragmentation trade that they generate have been growing for a much longer period. In fact, since ‘Factory Asia’ emerged, well before FTAs (Baldwin 2008).
Reinvigorating the trade policy agenda: Think supply chain!
Bernard Hoekman, Selina Jackson, 23 January 2013
International supply chains have become a fundamental feature of global commerce, with goods being processed – and value being added – in the multiple countries that are part of the chain.
Non-tariff measures and the WTO
Marc Bacchetta, Cosimo Beverelli, 31 July 2012
Data limitations make it difficult to document general trends in the use of non-tariff measures.
Entry regulation: Still costly
Markus Poschke, 29 January 2011
For most affected countries, the recent European debt crisis at its root is also a growth crisis. It is then only appropriate that structural reforms and deregulation be still on the agenda. For instance, costs due to entry regulation are still relatively high in some continental European countries, with large knock-on effects on aggregate output and productivity.
Freedoms, rules and services markets integration
Giuseppe Bertola, 27 June 2007
The Treaties establishing the European Community (EC) provide for freedoms of movement aimed at depriving member countries’ governments of the power to restrain cross-border economic interactions.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
DellaVigna, Durante, Knight, La Ferrara
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides
Allen, Eichengreen, Evans
Greenwood, Guner, Kocharakov, Santos
CEPR Policy Research
- The buyer margins of firms' exportsCarballo, Ottaviano, Volpe
- Commodity and Equity Markets: Some Stylized Facts from a Copula ApproachDelatte, Lopez
- Ethnic Unemployment Rates and Frictional MarketsGobillon, Rupert, Wasmer
- Finance and Poverty: Evidence from IndiaAyyagari, Beck, Hoseini
- The Manipulation of Basel Risk-WeightsMariathasan, Merrouche
- Making city lights shine brighterYusuf, Leipziger
- The euro in the 'currency war'Bénassy-Quéré, Martin
- The roots of shadow bankingPerotti
- What’s wrong with Europe?Baldini, Manasse
- How the EZ crisis is permanently changing EU institutionsMicossi
- 21st Century Challenges: The Mobile Middle Class13 - 13 March 2014 / Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, SW7 London / Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- The 13th Annual GEP Postgraduate Conference 20141 - 2 May 2014 / Nottingham / Sponsored by Nottingham Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy (GEP) University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Exchange Rates and External Adjustment2 - 3 June 2014 / Zurich / Swiss National Bank
- 13th Summer School in International Development Economics: Investment, Saving and Wellbeing in Developing Countries10 - 13 June 2014 / Palazzo Feltrinelli, Gargnano, Lake Garda (Italy) / Organisers: Centro Studi Luca d’Agliano, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), Paolo Baffi Center on International Markets, Money and Regulation, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods of the University of Milan, Department of Economics, Quantitative Methods and Business Strategies of the University of Milan Bicocca, Vilfredo Pareto Doctoral Program in Economics of the University of Turin, The Lombardy Advanced School of Economic Research (LASER).
- 3rd WB-BE Research Conference: Financing growth: Levers, Boosters and Brakes23 - 24 June 2014 / Banco de España headquarters in Madrid / This conference is sponsored by Banco de España and The World Bank