This column is a lead commentary in the VoxEU Debate "Banking reform: Do we know what has to be done?"
Shadow banking: Economics and policy priorities
Stijn Claessens, Zoltan Pozsar, Lev Ratnovski, Manmohan Singh, 12 January 2013
The policy roots of finance
Giuseppe Bertola, Anna Lo Prete, 20 May 2010
Finance boomed for quite some time. And then it crashed. To understand what might happen as the world begins to emerge from the crisis, we need to try and understand where finance came from. At the global level, finance grew along with international economic integration at the turn of this century, as well as at the beginning of the 20th century.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013
Reichlin, Giugliano, 7 November 2013