This column is a lead commentary in the VoxEU Debate "Banking reform: Do we know what has to be done?"
Implementation of Basel III in the US will bring back the regulatory arbitrage problems under Basel I
Takeo Hoshi, 23 December 2012
Mind the gap: Moving towards federal insurance regulation
Priya Nandita Pooran, 14 November 2010
The European Parliament’s approval of the financial regulatory package for oversight of the financial system on 22 September 2010 marks a key moment in the integration of systemic risk in the supervisory approach for financial markets.
A critical assessment of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Viral Acharya, Thomas F Cooley, Matthew Richardson, Richard Sylla, Ingo Walter, 24 November 2010
As the world leaders gathered at the G20 summit to discuss how to bring the global imbalances into check, an equally important question has arisen. How to deal with the potential bubbles that might be caused by the highly accommodative monetary policies in the Western economies?
- Internationalisation, innovation, and productivity of firmsAltomonte, Aquilante, Békés, Ottaviano
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli
- The ECB should do QE via forex interventionFrankel
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Claessens, 18 April 2014
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides