Policymakers should aim to improve women’s position relative to men’s – not only is it fairer, but it is also more efficient, according to those in favour such initiatives (see for example Duflo 2003).
Do Prices Determine Vertical Integration? Evidence from Trade Policy
Laura Alfaro, Paola Conconi, Harald Fadinger, Andrew Newman, 28 October 2012
Vox readers can download DP9200 for free here.
Women's Inheritance: Evidence from India
Klaus Deininger, Aparajita Goyal, Hari Nagarajan, 3 December 2010
Reforming property rights
Tim Besley, Maitreesh Ghatak, 22 April 2009
Whether they thought private property was a sine qua non of a free society or organised theft, classical economists, from Adam Smith (1776) to Karl Marx (1891), accorded a central position to the role of property rights or the “relations of production” in the process of economic development.
Expropriations of foreign-owned oil assets more likely with high oil prices and weak political institutions
Sergei Guriev, Konstantin Sonin, Anton Kolotilin, 25 March 2008
In recent years we have witnessed a phenomenon that has not been observed since the 1970s: the forced nationalization of major, foreign-owned oil assets in Venezuela, Bolivia, Russia and Kazakhstan. Due to economies of scale and better human capital, multinational oil companies have been more efficient and expropriations often give rise to losses of output and national income.
- Internationalisation, innovation, and productivity of firmsAltomonte, Aquilante, Békés, Ottaviano
- How rich nations benefit from EU membershipCampos, Coricelli, Moretti
- The ECB should do QE via forex interventionFrankel
- The chartbook of economic inequalityAtkinson, Morelli
- Predicting economic turning pointsAhir, Loungani
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Mulgan, 11 April 2014
Campos, Coricelli, Moretti
Ostry, Berg, Tsangarides