Over the last three decades, the use of flexible forms of employment such as fixed-term and temporary agency work contracts has increased substantially throughout much of Europe. This development has been driven by government efforts to ease restrictions on temporary employment, whereas the regulation of permanent contracts has been left essentially unaltered.
Temporary employment: The trade-off between efficiency and equity
Elke Jahn, Regina T. Riphahn, Claus Schnabel, 10 October 2012
The virtuous equity-efficiency trade-off in educational outcomes
Richard B. Freeman, Stephen Machin, Martina Viarengo , 4 January 2011
How countries fare in international tests of student achievement is a magnet for media attention the world over.
The distributional burden of cap and trade
Sebastian Rausch, Gilbert E. Metcalf , John Reilly , Sergey Paltsev, 31 July 2010
The distributional impacts of energy and climate policies can be assessed across a number of dimensions. Goulder and Parry (2008) note that two dimensions in particular have attracted attention: the impact on energy-intensive industry and the impact across households of differing incomes.
Has equity always earned a premium? Evidence from nineteenth-century Britain
John Turner , Graeme Acheson , Charles Hickson, Qing Ye, 10 May 2008
Financial economists have become increasingly interested in the historical returns of financial assets.1 This interest largely stems from a desire to calculate the expected equity risk premium.
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- The ECB’s stealth bailoutSinn
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Adelman, 28 October 2013
Reichlin, Giugliano, 7 November 2013
Holmes, McGrattan, Prescott
Beck, De Haas, Ongena
CEPR Policy Research
- The buyer margins of firms' exportsCarballo, Ottaviano, Volpe
- Commodity and Equity Markets: Some Stylized Facts from a Copula ApproachDelatte, Lopez
- Ethnic Unemployment Rates and Frictional MarketsGobillon, Rupert, Wasmer
- Finance and Poverty: Evidence from IndiaAyyagari, Beck, Hoseini
- The Manipulation of Basel Risk-WeightsMariathasan, Merrouche