The US Surgeon General first published a report on drinking during pregnancy in 1981, drawing attention to the link between prenatal alcohol consumption and birth defects (Office of the US Surgeon General 1981).
Drinking during pregnancy and children’s test scores
Sarah Lewis, Stephanie von Hinke Kessler Scholder, George L Wehby, Luisa Zuccolo, 8 March 2014
Tobacco and alcohol: Interdependence in consumption?
Harald Tauchmann, Silja Göhlmann, Till Requate, Christoph M Schmidt, 8 June 2008
Tobacco kills. No surprise then that smoking faces increasingly severe restrictions. Even in Germany, one of the last rich countries to introduce such restrictions, smoking was recently banned from public sector buildings and public transport, and smoking bans in bars and restaurants are being introduced state by state.
- Secular stagnation: Facts, causes, and cures – a new Vox eBookTeulings, Baldwin
- Can large primary surpluses solve Europe’s debt problem?Eichengreen, Panizza
- The unrecognised benefits of grade inflationBoleslavsky, Cotton
- The US manufacturing base is surprisingly strongMoran, Oldenski
- Long-term damage of the US court’s Argentinian debt rulingFrankel
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman